Are you ready to try something new in 2020? Here are 17 things to do in Crowsnest Pass this winter to help you find your next adventure.
Get off-the-beaten path this winter and visit the less crowded Canadian Rockies. The trick is knowing what to do in a town that isn’t as busy or developed as places such as Banff. Here is a quick guide to help you plan activities and adventures in the Crowsnest Pass.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Or add your adventures in the comments below. We love hearing from you.
- Visit Star Creek Falls for an ice climb or to ponder in the magnificence of the Canadian Rockies.
- Cross country ski at Allison Chinook Recreational Park, make it extra special and pack an outdoor picnic with a hot thermos filled with your favourite beverage.
- Get off-the-beaten path and go on a snowshoe trip with Uplift Adventures. Or have brunch with them at Country Encounters and take a trip up the Miner’s Path to discover the geology and incredible history of Coleman.
- Grab your snowmobile and check out the vast trail network. Remember to know the rules before you go, but if you are looking for trails, check out this link to a map of the Livingstone Public Land Use Zone. Support the local snowmobile club, CrowSnow Riders.
- Snuggle up to a warm coffee and soup at one of the amazing cafes: Stone’s Throw Café, Cherry on Top, Crowsnest Café and Fly Shop, Cinnamon Bear, or Connected Cuppas.
- Rent a fatbike at Alpenland and head out with Sweet Riders for a fatbike.
- Hit the slopes with the family at Pass Powderkeg. They have an excellent Learn to Turn program for beginners.
- Visit the Frank Slide Interpretive Centre and then snowshoe around the rock slide.
- Go ice skating on Crowsnest Lake near the old dance hall. While you are there, read up on some of the fascinating history.
- Stop in at Tin Dogs for live music and a pint on Friday night.
- Challenge yourself with Mystery Towns game as you discover Pictures of the Past in Blairmore.
- Decide for yourself which pub has the best wings on Wednesday night: Limber Pine, Rum Runner, or Pure Country?
- Immerse yourself in the history and culture by diving into a self-guided tour at the Crowsnest Museum.
- Treat yourself to delicious dinner and wine at Encounters Small Plate and Wine Bar.
- Pull out the ice fishing gear and test your fishing skills at Crowsnest Lake.
- Beat the cold weather by taking the family to Black Rock Pizza to play some arcade games.
- Rent some touring skis from spry and hit the backcountry slopes. Just remember to be avalanche aware and know your backcountry terrain.
Did we miss mentioning somethings to do in Crowsnest Pass this winter? Add your comments below. Tag Uplift Adventures on your adventures. We love hearing from you.